Ribbon storage is a must if you are a scrapbooker or crafter. But it doesn't have to be difficult or expensive to organize your ribbon collection. In addition to available ribbon storage, below are some unconventional ideas that you may already have around your home.
- I sort my ribbons into tackle boxes, easy to grab and see the assortment of ribbons. Sort by color or type for ease of use.
- Keep your smallest scrap pieces in canning or storage jars. The variety of colors and pattern usually make for a nice display on a wall shelf or bookcase.
- Thread the ribbon spools upright on a paper towl holder.
- Use a small tension rod between bookcase shelves or a wall shelf.
- Try a slack hanger that has multiple tiers. They are made with open ends so it is easy to slide the spools on and off as needed.
- Check out CD racks. Some of the smaller ones would be perfect. They seem to be just the right size for holding spools, there is no dowel to deal with and you can access them easily.