Ladybug Layouts Weekend Retreat

2011 Retreat Dates

June 3-5 (CANCELLED due to location issues)
October 21-23, December 2-4 (BOTH CANCELLED due to family committments)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Today's Tip! - Ribbon Storage the Easy and Creative Way!

Ribbon Storage the Easy and Creative Way!

Ribbon storage is a must if you are a scrapbooker or crafter.  But it doesn't have to be difficult or expensive to organize your ribbon collection. In addition to available ribbon storage, below are some unconventional ideas that you may already have around your home.

  • I sort my ribbons into tackle boxes, easy to grab and see the assortment of ribbons.  Sort by color or type for ease of use.
  • Keep your smallest scrap pieces in canning or storage jars. The variety of colors and pattern usually make for a nice display on a wall shelf or bookcase.
  • Thread the ribbon spools upright on a paper towl holder.
  • Use a small tension rod between bookcase shelves or a wall shelf.
  • Try a slack hanger that has multiple tiers. They are made with open ends so it is easy to slide the spools on and off as needed.
  • Check out CD racks. Some of the smaller ones would be perfect. They seem to be just the right size for holding spools, there is no dowel to deal with and you can access them easily.
As you can see ribbon storage is not difficult or expensive but it can save you time in the long run if you organize it.

1 comment:

  1. I have different methods of ribbon storage - the first being for scrap ends and what not from my sewing - those I keep in an ice cream pail with 1/2" round holes punched in the sides. I can then just pull the tips through to catch my eye as to what I have available. I have tried to find the pants clothes hanger, but they are all either too thick a rod or too close to hold the round ribbon packages - that is still a scouting job. I am currently using $1 Store pencil trays that click together to stand the rolls of ribbons in - but those only work for the smaller rolls. I want to use a paper towel holder for my larger rolls, but I will try to put something between the packages so they don't all unroll at the same time.

    Keep up the good ideas!

    ReplyDelete